- Vulcan Minerals Inc. – Acquires Additional Gold Prospects in Newfoundland
- Vulcan Minerals Inc. – Acquires claims adjacent to the Marathon Gold deposit claims in Central NL
- Vulcan Minerals Inc. - Interview with Commodity TV at PDAC 2017
- Vulcan Minerals Inc. – Acquires Little Bay Cu-Au Project in Newfoundland - Samples High-Grade Copper
- Vulcan Minerals Inc. – Samples up to 17.8% Copper at Colchester and Identifies New Drill Targets
- Vulcan Minerals Inc. – Drills 5.10 m of 1.6% Copper at Colchester Cu-Au Project in Newfoundland
- Vulcan Minerals Inc. – Completes Drilling Program at the Colchester Cu-Au Project in Newfoundland
- Vulcan Minerals Inc. – Appoints Technical Advisory Committee
- Vulcan Minerals Inc. – Commences Drilling the Colchester Copper-Gold Project in Newfoundland
- Vulcan Minerals Inc. – Commences Colchester Copper-Gold Field Program in Newfoundland
Vulcan Minerals Inc. – Completes Drilling Program at the Colchester Cu-Au Project in Newfoundland
December 21, 2016
Vulcan Minerals Inc. – Completes Drilling Program at the Colchester Copper-Gold Project in Newfoundland
St. John’s Newfoundland and Labrador - Vulcan Minerals Inc. (“the Company” - “Vulcan” TSX-V: VUL) announces that it has completed its preliminary round of drilling on the Old English zone of the Colchester property in north-central Newfoundland. Four holes totalling 824 metres were drilled to explore the possible extensions of historic drill intersections of copper and gold mineralization. As well the holes will assist in calibrating the results from a recent high resolution Induced Polarization geophysical survey carried out on the property. Several zones of mineralization were encountered and are being assayed with results expected in January, 2017. Based on the variety of mineralization identified from historic information and observed in the field, the Company believes the property will require systematic evaluation utilizing state of the art geophysical technology and several rounds of drilling to evaluate all the known areas of mineralization and new geophysical targets.
The Colchester property is owned 100% by Vulcan and is accessible by paved road approximately 25 kilometres off the Trans Canada Highway. The area is serviced by an airport at Deer Lake 110 kilometres to the southwest. Please refer to our webpage www.vulcanminerals.ca for location and geology maps. The 2016 work program is eligible for financial assistance from the Junior Exploration Assistance Program of the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Patrick J. Laracy, P. Geo, President, and Patrick Collins, P. Geo, are qualified persons responsible for the contents of this news release as defined in National Instrument 43-101.
We seek Safe Harbor.
Vulcan is establishing itself as a leading explorer in Newfoundland and Labrador focussed on project generation, value addition and partnering. Vulcan has projects available for option, including Colchester, and a competent team to operate all exploration activities. Contact us for opportunity in mineral exploration and development.
The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. This release may contain certain forward-looking statements. Actual events or results may differ from the Company’s expectations. Certain risk factors beyond the Company’s control may affect the actual results achieved. Accordingly, readers are advised not to place undue reliance on forward-looking information. Except by law, the Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise forward-looking information.
For information please contact:
Patrick J. Laracy, President